Auction Projects

In lieu of a WIP Wednesday post, since I'm between projects right now, I'm going to post about the projects I've crocheted in the last couple weeks for Laura's Guide Dog Puppy Sponsorship Auction. I checked the current listings, then tried to make things to fill in gaps that I saw. I ended up making a cotton blend cable hat and a cowl & hat set. My Hubby also crocheted a chenille his & hers hat set.

First up: the cable hat. Hubby walked me through one of his patterns for a cable hat. He makes patterns up and remembers them, but doesn't write them down. I always find the first few increase rounds of cable hats to be a bit tricky, but then they're smooth sailing once the increases are done. This hat had rounds created from a repeat of a front post double crochet with two double crochets to make the cables. I finished with a brim made from a round of double crochets. I used Lion Brand Cotton Ease yarn in the Lake colorway (blue grey) and a H hook.

closeup of the cables in the cable hat
the cable hat

Next: the cowl & hat set. I created this set using Paton's Melody in the Sunny Yellow colorway. I created the cowl using this free pattern and a P hook. I created the hat following the same general pattern of alternating rows of single crochets and double crochets, but I used an M hook.

Me modeling the cowl & hat set from the front
Me modeling the cowl & hat set from the back

Last up: Hubby's his & hers hat set. He created this set from Lion Brand Chenille Thick & Quick yarn in the Black colorway, using an M hook. The yarn has been discontinued for a while, but we had some in our stash. Both hats are created using rounds of double crochets with a border of single crochets.

Her chenille hat
His chenille hat

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments or suggestions? We would love to hear from you!