Crochet Project: More Wristers

Three photos: top - charcoal winter set with hat and fingerless mittens all decorated with front-post work. Middle photo - bright pink fingerless mittens with ribbing, bottom: light gray wristers with white-silver-sparkly edging work.
Here are the last of my holiday gift crochet projects for family and friends: a Charcoal gray winter set, pink ribbed wristers, and gray wristers. Once again these much-loved fingerless mittens were all made using the All-Seasons Wristers pattern from Lion Brand yarns. As usual, I customized the sizing slightly to fit each of the people I was making them for. I also embellish each set a little bit, to make it more unique:
  • For the charcoal set of wristers (made from Vanna's Choice yarn in Charcoal Gray) I did a few rows of front-post work on the edges of each mitten to give them a textured design. For the matching hat, made of my own usual simple pattern, I worked three evenly spaced rows of front-post work to match the design texture on the fingerless mittens.
  • For the pink wristers set (made of Caron Simply Soft yarn in Watermelon) I did the front-loop work suggested in the pattern to make them ribbed. I usually work this pattern in both loops so the wristers are flat/smooth, but I like the textured look too.
  • For the gray wristers set (made of Caron Simply Soft yarn in Grey Heather), I once again worked the pattern in both loops, so they are smooth/flat. However, I also added an edge trim of long-single crochet stitches to each mitten in white yarn with sliver-sparkly thread blended in (Red Heart Holiday yarn).

1 comment:

  1. Very nice! I like patterns that can be easily customized/personalized. :-)

    ReplyDelete