Crochet Project: Furry Scarf

Recently my Sister gave me two balls of unlabeled eyelash yarn in Halloween-ish colors, so I decided to combine them to make a furry striped scarf/boa for her.
Furry scarf in progress, just a few rows done. Close-up of the orange and gray shaggy fur of the scarf.
Close up of the orange and gray stripes Completed scarf.
I have a love-hate relationship with this type of yarn (it can be a pain to work with, but it can also yield neat finished projects), so I wanted to keep things fairly simple. I used a size K hook and worked an alternating stitch pattern of chains and half double crochets, worked in the chain spaces - with a base chain of 13. I alternated yarn colors every two rows, but there was more of the burnt orange color than the silver/black color, so the ends of the furry scarf are solid orange. The completed scarf measures 3.5 inches wide by 72 inches long.
Completed scarf laid out to show it in its entirety.

No comments: