Crochet Projects: Scrap Scarves

Many of my crochet projects this year have been made with yarn left over from previous projects. This week I completed two more colorful scarves from scraps.
Shells Scrap Scarf:
Scarf in progress with rows of small balls of yarn sitting beside it. Scarf almost finished, just need to weave in ends
Close-up of the shell and v stitch pattern. Finished very colorful scarf
For this one I used a size J hook, various worsted/aran weight yarns and this Stash Buster Scarf pattern that is comprised of alternating shells and V stitches. It's an  easy pattern that works up quickly, but because I used so many different yarns there were quite a few ends that couldn't all be crocheted into the project. So, I had a lot of weaving to do at the end. This scarf measures 4.5 inches wide by 83 inches in length.
Striped Scrap Scarf:
Striped scarf in progress, not quite half way done. Close up of colorful striped pattern
Finished colorful striped scarf. Striped scarf folded up to show all the colors on the edges.
Again for this one I used a size J hook and various worsted/aran weight yarns. As for a pattern I just worked in single crochet stitches (with a base chain of 17) and I alternated the yarns every two rows to make stripes. This scarf measures 4.5 inches wide by 70 inches in length.

No comments: