Knitting and Crochet Blog Week: Day 7 - My Crochet Time

The only thing consistent about my crochet time is that I'm crocheting, and at least one of my dogs is nearby. I crochet in public at Panera Bread and the library (during the craft groups) and in restaurants, doctor's offices, occasionally in meetings (especially if I have a FO deadline to meet!). While crocheting in public, my guide dog is always curled up by my feet, usually touching me with a paw over my foot.

I crochet at home, alone and with Hubby. I crochet while watching TV if it's an easy pattern to memorize. The dogs are always nearby during crochet time. I crochet on long car trips, and on planes.

Sometimes I crochet in silence. Sometimes the TV is on, or I play my favorite music, or people are talking around me. I can't usually crochet and talk at the same time; I put my crochet down during conversations, unless it's a very simple stitch repetition.

I rarely have food or drink nearby while crocheting. I'm a klutz, and I don't want to ruin my work. Even without food or drink nearby, I have still gotten junk on a couple projects.

I crochet any time of the day, whenever I find a few spare minutes and the stitching bug bites. Most often, I crochet in the evening though.

2 comments:

  1. My "yarn playgroup" meets at a Panera too--seems like a very popular place to knit and crochet in public.

    So glad I found your blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Panera is popular for yarn crafting groups because you can eat or drink, but you aren't taking up some poor waitress's tables, and thus her tips.

    ReplyDelete

Questions, comments or suggestions? We would love to hear from you!