Knitting and Crochet Blog Week: Day 7 - My Knitting and Crochet Time

Pink Banner for Knitting and Crochet Blog Week
My knitting and crocheting time is usually in the evenings, and I prefer to crochet when I have a large block of time to devote to it. I hate just getting started and then having to quit again. So, at home, I turn on a bright overhead light and sit near the computer where I can listen to a book or play some favorite music while I work. However, if I'm working on project that I need to finish as soon as possible I will sometimes crochet during more brief periods in the day. I used to crochet out in public when I was a kid (at 4-H crochet meetings and such), but as an adult I find that I’m more comfortable crocheting at home where I can relax and better focus on my work.
I also do a fair amount of crocheting when I go visit at my parents' house. If my Mom and I are not working on some other project together, I'll crochet while we're sitting around talking or watching TV - I don't watch TV at home, but at my parents' house when we do, I like to knit, crochet or something while I'm watching. To me it makes that time sitting around feel more productive. :-) I only bring small, easy projects to my parents' house to work on though - projects that have simple, repeated patterns, and projects that don't require me to lug around lots of yarn and supplies. The complex projects I prefer to work on at home.

No comments: