Crochet Project: Caribbean Scarf

This week's eye doctor trip crochet project was yet another scarf:
Scarf striped in shades of purple, blue, teal and green.
I used two skeins of Lion Brand Tweed Stripes in "Caribbean", a size G hook and this Bohemian Scarf pattern. I chose this easy (and nicely tactile) scarf pattern solely because I liked that it is worked the long way instead of the narrow way for a change. However, instead of using 4 different colors of yarn as called for in the pattern, I used only one color-changing yarn. Thus, I did not fasten off at the end of each row, and did not include fringe as the pattern encourages. I also worked an extra row or two of the alternating sc, ch 1 stitch pattern around the entire outside of the scarf just to use up the remainder of my yarn.
Close-up of the various colors of stripes in the scarf Close-up of open-work stitch pattern.
More of the different colors of two-tone striped stitching Completed scarf laid out to show all the different colors.
This was another quick, fun project that was perfect for working on while traveling. I very much like how it turned out and so does my Mom; she has already called dibs on this super soft scarf, because it has "her colors". :-)

No comments: