Crochet Project: Beach Baby Blanket

Recently when I was reorganizing my yarn stash, I discovered that I still had roughly four skeins of an unlabeled acrylic yarn that is variegated white, green, pink, and blue. Honestly I'm not a big fan of this particular yarn for several reasons, so I had avoided working with the remainder of it for quite awhile now. However, I finally decided it might make a nice baby/pet blanket.
A smiling purple-haired troll doll wrapped up in a crocheted blanket made of variegated blue, green, pink and white yarn Close up of the sort of basket-weave stitching of the blanket
I chose this Cornish Coast Baby Blanket pattern by Clare Collier for this project. It proved to be an easy to remember, excellent tactile pattern for keeping me occupied while recovering from my eye surgery over the last month. I needed a much smaller hook - K instead of Q - though. Also, I made my blanket 120 stitches wide by 112 rows long and worked three rounds of single crochet edging. This yielded an approximately 30 by 32 inch blanket after blocking - a good receiving baby blanket size (or perfect for a puppy, smaller dog or cat).
Blanket in progress - just a few rows complete Close-up of the blanket corner to show the edge stitching
Close-up of the woven-like stitching. Completed blanket laid out flat.

No comments: