Crochet Project: Spiral Blues Baby Blanket

After about 10 weeks of crocheting, I finished the Spiral Blues baby blanket for my nephew. I'm mailing it Monday. He's supposed to be born early next week!

I found the spiral pattern in one of my stitch dictionaries. I bought 8 skeins of Elsebeth Lavold Hempathy hemp/cotton/modal blend DK-weight yarn, 4 in teal, 4 in royal blue. Hemp is a breathable fiber that softens more with use. I have two half-skeins of each color left. The yarn label didn't have a crochet gauge listed, so I guessed and ended up using an E hook. The yarn softened nicely after washing and blocked dry overnight. The hardest part was blocking the blanket out into the spiral, since the points tended to be very obvious. I think it was a great choice for a hot weather baby blanket. I'm very happy with the blanket! :-)
Spiral Blues Baby Blanket Finished!
center spiral of the blanket

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Such a fun, unique baby blanket.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved making it too. The spiral was so much to watch as it got bigger and bigger.

    ReplyDelete

Questions, comments or suggestions? We would love to hear from you!