Crochet Project: Christmas Socks

I finished my Christmas socks last night, only 4 weeks after Christmas ;-) After working so hard to get my dress done for Hubby's work party, I decided if I got the Christmas socks done in time, great! And if not, well that was okay, too.

I used the Ankle Sock pattern from I Can't Believe I'm Crocheting Socks. You can read my review of the book here. I used Mary Maxim Twinkle Toes yarn in the Merry Christmas colorway. The yarn is a bit scratchy thanks to the metallic strand, but my socks are still comfy. The pattern calls for a D hook, but I know in order to hit gauge that I need to use a C hook.

My socks are a bit loose, especially around the heel, but I'm very happy with them. :-)
My completed Christmas socks, from the right
My completed Christmas socks, from the left

2 comments:

  1. You're not late, just really early for next Christmas! ;-) I have also noticed yarns that contain a metallic strand feel scratchy - which makes me hesitant to use them for clothing items - but it does look neat. Glad to hear they are comfortable.

    ReplyDelete

Questions, comments or suggestions? We would love to hear from you!