Crochet Project: Furry Mouse Toys

My Mom is an avid yard saler and because she knows I love to crochet but can't afford much yarn she is always on the lookout for yarn bargains for me. Recently she came across a skein of eyelash yarn at a yard sale and bought it for me despite the "odd" texture.
I wasn't sure what, if anything, I would make out of the yarn, but I began searching through patterns for ideas. And soon I came across a free pattern on Ravelry for a cute little Furry Mouse Toy that I decided to try to make as gifts for my Mom and Sister's cats.
2 crocheted mice sitting on a dark wooden surface. The mice have bright purple tails and ears, and their round bodies have variegated pink, yellow and purple fur.
This was my first adventure with eyelash yarn. I had previously avoided it because I assumed it would be difficult to work with, but it actually wasn’t as hard as I expected it to be. It probably helped that these mice are worked with a double strand of “regular” yarn (I used some leftover Caron Simply Soft in Grape) and the eyelash yarn (Yarn Bee Wild Child in Parfait). The pattern was easy to follow and the toys worked up quickly. I’m sure my Mom’s cat and my Sister’s cat will like their new furry friends. :)

2 comments:

  1. My cat loves this toy! It slides easily across our wood floor. It think it is her new favorite fetching toy. Thanks for the gift!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your very welcome. I'm glad to hear Tesla likes it. I really hoped she would. :)

    ReplyDelete