International Crochet Day

Today is International Crochet Day! I've seen some great suggestions for celebrating the day, and while I'd love to teach someone to crochet, or crochet something to donate, I'm on deadline for my submission for Fresh Designs Crochet: Scarves. My celebration for the day included completing the bulk of my scarf for the book. I'll also be teaching myself a new skill: charting a crochet pattern. I also plan to crochet in public tonight, during library craft group. My plan is to finish the border of my scarf.

I'm creating my scarf from Knit Picks Chroma worsted yarn, and I'm totally in love with it. :-) The single-ply yarn strand just glides through my fingers, doesn't snag on the hook, and the colors are lovely. I adore the way the colors change slowly as I work the scarf. I bought some Chroma worsted for myself as a birthday gift because I love the yarn that much!

grey, purple, and blue yarn ballKnit Picks Chroma worsted yarn in Midwinter colorway

If you're a fellow crocheter, did you know about today, and how are you celebrating?

1 comment:

  1. I did see something about International crochet day recently, but I totally forgot about it until I saw your post! Coincidentally I did start a new project today - and it's made from KnitPick's Chroma too (fingering weight though). LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete

Questions, comments or suggestions? We would love to hear from you!