Knitting and Crochet Blog Week: Day 5 - And Now For Something Completely Different

Pink Banner for Knitting and Crochet Blog Week
Hello Efurryone!!!
Jack here - for those who don't know me, I'm L^2's Guide Dog. Today my girl is letting me use the LABtop to tell you all about my experience with crochet. I know some of you might be thinking, "this isn't 'something different'!", because I do get to post from time to time our personal bloggity. However, I have never had the privilege of blogging here on the blind crocheters blog before, so this will be fun!
Okay, so I have a little confession to make: When I came home with my girl last October, I didn't know much about yarncrafting, so sometimes I wanted to carry her yarn skeins around the house for her. When she pulled a new skein out of the storage box, I thought it was a new stuffy-toy for me. Unfortunately, I was wrong. I quickly learned that moving my girl's yarn skeins without her permission makes for an unhappy girlie. So does nudging my girl's arms (to try to get her to pet me) while she's trying to make stitches. I also like to be close to my girl (so I can slurp her whenever the need arises), but when I first came home, sometimes I got a little too close to her when she was crocheting (or attempting to knit) and became entangled in the yarn strand(s). This was no fun, so I've learned to be careful of where I walk/stand when my girl is crocheting. I've found that it's usually best to take a nap at my girl's feet while she crochets. Then when she's done she'll snuggle me extra for being a good boy. :o)
Like my predecessors Willow and Stella, I have also quickly learned to appreciate and enjoy the results of my girl's crocheting. The mats, rugs and blankies my girl crochets are great for naps and snuggles. I also like the jacket she crocheted for me - it kept me warm when I played out in the snow during this past winter which was this former Southern California dog's first "real winter" experience.
My girl says I make a good model for some of her projects too, so I also quickly learned to humor her for picture taking. ;o) I sure have learned a lot in the last five months about crochet!
I'll leave you with a few pictures of me, Willow, and Stella enjoying some of our girl's many crochet projects.
many photos of pale white-yellow Lab Willow, medium red-yellow Lab Stella and dark brown Chocolate Lab Jack enjoying various crochet projects from afghans and rugs to sweaters and hats. Love and Chocolate Kisses,
Guide Dog Jack

1 comment:

  1. Great idea! Hi, Jack! Abby sure loves her resting mat that your girl made for us. :-)

    ReplyDelete