Crochet Project: Entrelac Socks

After 4 months crocheting off and on, I've finally finished my entrelac socks. :-)

I used a B hook, and 1 skein of River's Edge Fiber Arts sock yarn, in two shades of blue, which I bought at SAFF last year. I split the skein into two balls and worked both socks at the same time, to keep things even and avoid one sock syndrome. I added a row of single crochet at the top of the ankle, which I used to hide the elastic I crocheted in to keep the socks up, since the entrelac makes the ankles very wide otherwise.

The pattern is Rugged Entrelac from this book, which I also purchased at SAFF. The pattern is written for men's sizes using two different colors. I only used the one color, and even though I changed some lengths to fit me, I'm not at all happy with the afterthought heels. They are very shallow and uncomfortable. I plan to use this pattern again in the future, but I'll do a short row heel instead.
Entrelac Socks - finally complete!
Closeup of entrelac on sock 2
Closeup of entrelac on sock 1
Modeling my newest socks

No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions, comments or suggestions? We would love to hear from you!