Crochet Project: Collar Flowers

A while back one of my friends who makes dog collars commented that she wished she could crochet, because she had seen some cute crocheted flowers that she thought would be fun collar decorations. Something reminded me of this conversation today, so while I was waiting on my laundry to finish, I went pattern browsing. I quickly came across this pattern for Flower Magnets that yielded flowers which were approximately the right size for dog collars too. So, I tried it out and, as expected, it is a quick, easy pattern to work up. I ended up making nine flowers for my friend, with a size G hook and various colors and types of leftover yarn.
4 photos of colorful 2-tone crocheted flowers. 1 photo shows all 9 flowers laying on a dark wooden  surface. 1 photo shows the 3 flowers that have mostly red-pink coloring for their petals or centers. 1 photos shows the 3 flowers that have mostly bright purple for their petals or centers. And 1 photo shows the 3 flowers that have mostly yellow for their petals or centers.

1 comment:

  1. Cute! I'd be afraid Abby would try to chew on the flowers on a collar, though.

    ReplyDelete