Crochet Project: Christmas Stockings

Back on Monday night, I finished the last bits of sewing and embroidery on this set of Christmas stockings. It took me just over a month to finish these. I've been saying Christmas gift, but these are actually our bridal shower gift to my brother and his fiance, so that they can use these for Christmas. ;-)

They are created from the Santa Stocking pattern, using Bernat Happy Holidays yarn in Evergreen Glitter, Rich Red Glitter, and White Sparkle, with an H hook. I like the subtle sparkle that the silver metallic thread adds to the stockings. Since the pattern was one of those “work even for x inches” patterns, I made my stockings much longer then the pattern called for. I used about a half-skein of red and a half-skein of green, and about a quarter-skein of white for both cuffs. Other then that, and subbing yarn, I followed the pattern as written. Between Hubby and I, we managed to cross-stitch the recipients’ names over the white single-crochet cuffs.

Completed set of Christmas stockings 11/12/2010
Green stocking about halfway complete 10/31/2010
Red stocking about halfway complete 10/31/2010

1 comment:

Questions, comments or suggestions? We would love to hear from you!